Dental Crowns & Bridges
Dental crown is a tooth shaped artificial covering over tooth to restore its shape, size and function. Crowns are usually cemented to the tooth using a dental cement.
- TO cover discolored of teeth.
- To cover an implant.
- Teeth which are worn out.
- When minimal tooth structure is left .
- In RCT treated tooth, where the tooth is devitalized.
A dental bridge is a restoration used to replace the missing teeth with the support of adjacent natural teeth. It consists of false teeth and crowns for prepared natural teeth.
Need for Dental Bridges
- To prevent food lodgement in the empty space; which causes decay of adjacent tooth.
- To prevent the drifting of natural tooth into the edentulous space.
- To restore form and function like mastication,phonation &, esthetics
Life Span of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges can last for many years..However it largely depends on measures taken to maintainl oral hygiene. Regular flossing and regular dental visits With proper care provide an efficient substitute to missing teeth.